And after much frenzied work, BattleForge is back online!
Today’s game update has introduced a sizeable change to BattleForge, and more specifically how tomes and the tome game mode work. It is now much easier to participate in the tome game mode thanks to the new lower price points.The tome mode has also been rebalanced by making sure that all cards are charged and upgraded to level 2.
Another change has taken place today. We have merged the Overlord and Razorleaf servers together to improve the overall BattleForge experience by speeding up match making! With all BattleForge players playing on one server, it will be even easier to find competitors of the same skill level in a timely manner!
Tome summer special:
The tomes receive a major update. What changes?
- Cards in a tome are no longer bought, but “rented” for 2 weeks for the price of 300 BattleForge Points
- A tome gets disbanded after 2 weeks and the cards are removed from the account
- Cards in a tome pool are no longer at level 0 but are now at level 2 and charged to the level 2 maximum
- Cards in a tome cannot be traded
A few noteworthy things about tomes:
- You can use cards from tome pools in any deck and any game mode
- You can have multiple active tomes at the same time
- An active tome allows you play tome mode PvP matches which give higher rewards than normal PvP matches
- Tome matches provide a real test for your deck building skills as everybody builds his deck from the cards of a single the tome. This offers great chances for newcomers and fresh challenges for veterans.
Over the last 24 hours we have had an unprecedented level of downtime.
For this we truly are sorry, we will do everything we can to ensure that something like that does not happen again.
This code will allow you to try out the new tomes and mode without having to spend BattleForge Points!
Enter this code to try out one of the new tomes:
(Note: The code stays valid until June 24th can only be redeemed once per account.)
What happens to tomes that are still active at the time of the patch?
- All the cards in the tome are copied from the tome pools to the player’s collection during the patch downtime. No cards are lost.
- After the cards got copied to the collection, the tome gets converted to the new system, that means
- The cards in the tome are upgraded from level 0 to level 2 and charged accordingly
- The tome keeps its expiry date (even if it is more than 2 weeks)
- The cards become untradeable and disappear once the tome runs out
We hope you guys enjoy the updated mode. Load up your game now to take advantage of the update and free trial tome code listed above!