Troubleshooting 101: Loading and Connection Issues with Zynga Games
1. Update your browser.
There are several documented issues surrounding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and Flash Content. If you are using IE8 we suggest that you try a new browser.
2. Clear your browser’s cache.
- Internet Explorer 7 and 8:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools at the top
- Scroll down and select Internet Options
- Click Delete under Browsing History
- At the bottom, click Delete All. Then click Yes
- Close Internet Explorer entirely and re-launch
- Firefox 3:
- Open Firefox
- Click Tools at the top of the page
- Select Clear Private Data
- Click the Clear Private Data Now button
- Then, close Fire Fox 3 and re-launch
- From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache
- When asked: “Are you sure you want to empty the cache?” click Empty
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- From the Security dialog box, click Bookmarks
- Click Show Cookies
- From the Cookie dialog box, click Remove All
- Click Done
- Opera 9.x:
- In Opera, click the Tools menu
- Click Preferences.
- Select the Advanced tab
- In the left-hand column, click History
- In the Disk cache section, click Empty Now
- Click OK to close Preferences
3. Disable Popup or Ad-blocking software..
4. Reduce the number of open internet applications
If you are running several programs that are competing for your internet bandwidth this can cause a lag in response that could also be contributing to this issue. Especially guilty are file sharing applications and concurrent streaming video.
5. Adjust your Flash Settings
Please follow the link below to the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager. After you have loaded the page please verify that the “Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer” option is checked. If this option is un-checked our games may not load completely or correctly on your machine.
- Internet Explorer
- Open the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options, to open the Internet Options dialog box.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Internet symbol (a globe).
- Click the Custom Level button, to open the Security Settings dialog box.
- In the Settings list, scroll down to Scripting.
- Under Active Scripting, click the radio button to the left of Enable, so that a colored dot appears in it.
- Select Options from the Tools menu
- Click Content
- Click OK
- Refresh/reload your browser window.
- From the Gears Icon at the top right of your browser select the Preferencesoption
- Select the Security tab
- Close the Preferences window.
- Refresh/reload your browser window
- Google Chrome
7. Plug In
Even the best of wireless connections will be slightly more susceptible to miscommunicating with our servers. If you are playing wirelessly please plug in if possible and see if you see a performance increase.
8. Download the latest version of Direct X
9. Uninstall/Reinstall Flash Player
- Uninstall All Flash Components
Download and Run: Flash Uninstaller
- Reboot your System
This will clear out any left over .ocx files.
- Remove Insecure Flash Elements
Download and Run: Secunia PSI
- Remove the Adobe Download Manager
From your control panel select “Add/Remove Programs” (XP) or “Programs and Features” (VISTA) and check for Adobe Download Manager. If it is present click it once to select it and then click “remove.”
- Download and install:
10. Uninstall/Reinstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is a common component in modern internet browsing and is used for many things, including playing games! However, when the JRE updates it does not always remove older components. Over time this can have an effect on your systems performance and ability to load games or other web pages.
It is good practice and good for your system to clean up after the JRE from time to time by uninstalling and reinstalling the application
- To uninstall the Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
- Close any open programs you may have running, especially your web browser.
- Click Start > Control Panel or Start > Settings > Control Panel (depending on your configuration).
- Double click on the Add/Remove Programs control panel icon.
- Locate the entry for the Java Runtime Environment (or any Java entry), click on it and then click on the Remove button.
- Verify that all instances of Java have been removed.
- Re-boot your computer
- To re-install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
- Open your internet browser and go to www.java.com.
- Click the Free Download button.
- The installer should begin automatically. If it does not then select the manual download link and install the package from your desktop.
- Follow the prompts, agree to the license and select the typical install.
- Re-boot your computer.
11. Remove/Re-install the application.
Your game data exists on our servers and is independent of the client application that you use to access the program. This means that you can remove and replace the application without hurting your game progress. However, if after 90 days you have not reinstalled the application your game progress will be deleted from our servers.
The steps below will walk you through removing the application.
- Login to your account
- Click on “Account” in the top right-hand corner
- Select “Account Settings”
- Click “Applications” in the list on the left
- Find the game in the list of applications
- Click the “X” to the right of the application name
- Log out of your account
- Restart your computer
- Log back in to your social network
- Re-add the application
12. Submit a help ticket.
If you are still experiencing issues, after completing all of the steps in this TroubleShooting Guide, please submit a ticket to Zynga Support.
Please include in your support ticket the following information:
- Which Operating System are you using (XP, Vista, etc)
- Which Browser/Version are you using
- Are you using Firewall/Pop-up Blocking/Anti-Virus Software. If so who manufactures it.
- How do you connect to the internet? (Cable, DSL, etc)
- Is your connection wired or wireless?
- Can you load other Facebook Games?
- Also please describe in detail what you saw on your screen as you attempted to load our game.
316 total views, 1 views today