Zynga – How to fix loading or connection issues
By Zynga Support
We monitor our game performance very closely and make every effort to let you know in advance when your connectivity may be hampered due to issues on our end.
Remember that any time you experience a loading issue, a good rule of thumb is to try refreshing the page once or twice.
If refreshing does not result in your game loading properly, try the following troubleshooting measures:
Update your browser.
There are several documented issues surrounding Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8) or Internet Explorer 9 (IE 9) and Flash content. If you are using IE 8 or IE 9, we suggest that you try a new browser such as Safari 4, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
We also recommend that you always make sure that you are using the latest version of your browser. These are the last versions of the different browsers that support Zynga games:
Having your browser updated can help improve your gameplay experience.
To check which browser version you are using, go to the Help menu of your browser window and select About.
To upgrade to the latest version, click any of the links above.
- Clear your cache. Click here for instructions.
- Close your other internet applications, especially any file-sharing applications or concurrent streaming video.
- Use a plug-in network connection rather than wireless.
TIP: Rather than fully disabling the software, you can create an exception for the social networking platform on which you play our games. Please refer to your software’s documentation or help information for instructions.
Here are some more specific suggestions:
- Click here to download the latest Flash player if you do not currently have it.
- Reboot your system.
- Adjust your Flash settings to give Flash permission to store information on your computer. Instructions on how to accomplish this can be found here.
- Uninstall and re-install Java. Click here for instructions.
NOTE: FOR FARMVILLE PLAYERS ONLY:
- If you are still experiencing problems loading the game or have issues with slow performance, try playing directly at: www.FarmVille.com.
- If you see any error messages stating that the application is “unavailable or restricted,” then unblock FarmVille on Facebook as this is most often the solution. Click here for instructions.
If you are still experiencing issues, please email Zynga Customer Support with the following information so we can investigate further:
- Which operating system are you using (Windows XP, Vista, MAC OS X)?
- Which browser and version are you using?
- Are you using Firewall/pop-up blocking/anti-virus software? If so, who manufactures it?
- How do you connect to the internet? (Cable, DSL)
- Is your network connection wired or wireless?
- Can you load other Facebook games?
- Please describe in detail what you saw on your screen as you attempted to load our game.
1,095 total views, 4 views today